COVID-19 DOG GROOMING POLICY CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE ACCEPT DOGS FOR GROOMING
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the way in which I will be working to groom your dogs has changed considerably. I will be adhering to the strictest guidelines to reduce the spread of the virus, whilst clients wishing to have their dogs groomed must fully understand that they do so at their own risk, and must agree to the terms and conditions set out below. It is paramount that anybody self-isolating, classed as vulnerable or showing any symptoms of COVID-19, MUST NOT, under any circumstances attend a grooming appointment.
- All clients MUST follow all hygiene procedures put in place to minimise any cross contamination
- On arrival please come through the gate and head towards the salon. I will greet you and take your dog from you. I will be wearing some PPE so please don’t be offended.
- Once in the salon your dogs collar and lead will be removed and put into a lidded box. It will be put on when you return to pick them up.
- Prior to grooming your dog, your dog will be misted down with a pet safe, non-toxic, non-irritant, anti-viral spray called Leucillin. However, in the unlikely event of an allergic reaction, I will not be held responsible
- I do understand that your dog has not been professionally groomed for some time. Please note that there will be no judgement on the condition of your dog’s coat, as I also understand that brushing some of your dogs is a difficult task. However, should your dog’s coat be badly knotted or matted, I will require your permission to clip off their matted coat (Please review and agree to the Matted Dog Policy shown below). The matting charge will apply as always, though not as a punishment, but because matting is costly and difficult in the current climate
- You MUST drop off and pick up your dog at the agreed time of your appointment. Any dogs arriving late may have to be rebooked and a late fee will be charged. Late pick up of your dog may also incur a charge, as this could result in the next client’s appointment having to be postponed or even cancelled
- Due to the current situation, I can only accept payments via bank transfer. My bank details will be sent to you on confirmation of your appointment. Payment must be made prior to your dog’s appointment, preferably the evening before
- I require at least 24hrs notice of cancellation, failure to do so may result in a cancellation fee of £20.00, which will be payable before any further appointments can be made
PLEASE READ OUR POLICIES BELOW. Many thanks for your co-operation
At Groomintails we promote responsible an loving dog ownership. In the interest of your dog’s health and well being any matting will be removed regardless of the cut agreed. Please see de-matting policy below.
We groom humanely at Groomintails and we abide by the Animal Welfare Act 2006. When a dog is presented to us in a severely matted condition, it is our policy to shave the whole coat using electric clippers with a close blade. To de-matt would cause the animal tremendous stress and discomfort, often leaving a very thinned and damaged coat. Shaving the coat is quicker and more gentle on the dog. Many dogs are traumatised by unnecessary hours of de-matting, putting them off grooming for life. We consider shaving an act of kindness – should your pet be matted, this will be discussed during your consultation. A severely matted coat can suffer many conditions: Hotspots & sores Fungal & bacterial infections Yeast infection Moist eczema Mites & lice Urine & faecea scalding Eye and ear infections Severe itching Once the coat is removed, the skin can be red due to the lack of air circulation and dirt that has accumulated underneath. Occasionally there are sores or infection, this may need veterinary treatment. Dogs tend to scratch and this may lead to broken skin. If in doubt, please speak to your vet. I will be more than happy to show you how to look after your dog’s coat. Please note: our normal grooming charge does not include de-matting dog’s, this may be charged for at an extra cost. We also ask that all dogs are up to date with flea/worm treatments and their vaccinations. If you wish to change or cancel your appointments please contact us at least 48 hours in advance. Please see our Cancellation policy below.
I am sure you will appreciate that as every appointment is made to an allocated time, please can you ensure that you arrive and collect promptly. I also ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice for cancellations. Failure to do so or a no show will result in a charge of £20 being incurred.
Nervous Dog Policy
Dogs all have different characteristics and personalities. We at Groomintails are very aware of this and with this in mind we take each dog on its own merit and will customise their grooming experience to make it as comfortable and enjoyable as we can. We take into account every aspect of the grooming process from brushing, bathing, drying and clipping. If your dog is nervous we will advise a course of action that may take several visits. This can include you popping in for 5 minutes at a time as you pass the salon for no other reason than to allow your pet to have a sniff around, have lots of cuddles and of course some treats!! Once he feels at ease we can then start introducing bits of equipment. Some dogs take longer than others to get to the final result. We at Groomintails want your dog to have a positive and enjoyable experience. We will do all we can to ensure that this happens and that your best friend leaves us looking and feeling wonderful. Customers are welcome to view our grooming salon, products and equipment. However we do not encourage owners to stay during the grooming treatment as this often leads to the dog misbehaving